Thursday, November 25, 2010

One step backward or one step forward?

I saw the title in one of my friend's status update, and it really caught my attention. Is is always good to move forwards?

Well I depends doesn't it? If you really want to excel you need to take a step backwards to realise the mistakes you have made, so you don't make them when you take your steps forward.

Sometimes it is just good to take a step forwards without caring about the past. This is usually at times of great sorrow such as death of a friend or a relative.

The picture is just a motivational saying. It is very well versed. In life you keep moving forwards, but if there is a backward step, you solve the problem by stepping forward.

I stumbles up on a great poem written by a friend to his sick friend.

Take a step forward
Dear J.P.
I'm writing you this letter
Hoping it'll make you feel better
As I'm sitting on my desk right now
I cry and think of thou
Oh dear friend I want to tell you, you're not alone
Bear a brain I'm here for you, I'll never say anon
I'll listen to you right away
I'll believe everything you say
I'll be your book of hope
I'll do anything to help you cope
Just promise me you won't hurt yourself
Put the suicidal thoughts on an old shelf
Leave the ugly past behind
And move a step forward
For I know happiness you'll find
And friend someday you'll shine
Trust me on this
Soon everything will be fine
I know it's hard to speak of thy pain
But sometimes it helps
Perhaps some hope you might gain
Our friendship is important to me
By the same token it'll always be
Please don't think of ending your life
Just try taking a step forward
Open your eyes and look for the bright world
You mustn't give up
Take a step forward, don't stop!!!


No comments: